Wednesday, September 10, 2008

WHOOOOOO!!!!

I can hardly believe it. This morning Ben told me he wanted to go potty "in there" pointing to the toilet. I let him try. He didn't go but I pulled out the "Potty Scotty" doll -(potty training in one day thing)- and let him "watch "Potty Scotty" go potty. He thought it was cool but never went. I figured, "If he's telling me he's ready, then I'll go to the store, get drinks, big boy undies, and whatever else to encourage potty usage.

I planned for tomorrow or Friday. But -when Ben woke up from his nap, he told me he wanted to "go potty in there" again. I let him try.........and to make an already long story shorter, he ended up going and telling me when he needed to go SEVEN times. He had three accidents, but no biggie. all of this happened within two hours. ( What a pee-er) He gets the concept, and I will reinforce everything tomorrow. And, hopefully he'll be completely trained soon.
Any one who is thinking about starting to train -should really gets the "potty training in one day" kit -it WORKS. It was awesome. The light just turned on and Ben "got it". Whoohoo -it's all I can say! The end is in sight!

6 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Your kid is a genius! LOL I'm not surprised that he is already getting the potty training thing. What a good boy! GOOD LUCK!

Wendy said...

That calls for a mommy happy dance all day for a whole week. Yahoo!

I'm very excited for you. The big thing was always getting them to poop in the potty. I had them take off all pants and sit backwards on the potty. That way they are balanced better and no way of falling in. I would also tell them to bongku - the Korean term for fart - and I'd listen for the wet sticky sound of something in there. Kind of gross, but it worked. Once you get that too, you are on your way to no more diapers and big boy pants. Yea!

Katie said...

When they are ready.. they are ready! My kids were easy to train becasue I waited until they were ready to go. Im so glad he is ready and making it easy on you! 1 less kid in diapers is SO NICE. Give him a kiss for me and tell him Aunt Katie says "what a big boy". Have him call Grandma and tell her.. It makes them feel so Cool to tell someone other than Mom what they did and get that reinforcement and praise from others too.

Lalani said...

Way to go Ben! That is wonderful!

Brimaca said...

Yay Ben Ben. I keep hoping M will shows signs of being ready again. But I am willing to wait after watching other mommies try forever.

Brady and Patrice said...

YOU LUCKY GIRL!!!! I remember being so excited when you told me about those potty training dolls, and I'm definitely going to try it! As soon as I can get Ayda to sit in one place for more than 5 seconds.