What started out as fun finger painting turned into paint from head to toe. Ben had the best time painting his entire body. All Grandma and I could do was laugh and film. I think kids should have chances to get as dirty as they want....and, I think they should do it at Grandma's house. ;D
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Those videos are soooo awesome. What a cool mom to let Ben do the body paint and enjoy it!
oh my heavens! mom only lets the grandkids do this kinda stuff. He is so stinkin' funny!
Megan does this exact same thing! I have no idea why painting legs and arms and tummies is so much more fun than painting paper! But they seem to understand something I don't...
I love this video! I love that I can hear you and your mom in the background laughing. He's so funny! I'm going to have to let Austin try that and see what he does. He doesn't really like to be dirty so I don't know if he would do that. :)
AAWW .. Childhood, Maybe we'd all be happier if we could just sit outside and paint ourselves. I propose a "let loose day" when we set everything aside and just get messy! ....wait I'm the mom , I'll have to clean it all up:(
...P.S. You sound like me in that video. it cracks me up when I listen to you and Nat and myself on recordings becasue we sound alike!
He's very artistic. My Boaz didn't get ahold of paint, he just used pens to color himself. But I guess I stand in front of the mirror and paint my face before I got out and let people see me.
Very cute video.
It won't let me watch it yet but I'll keep trying. I just didn't want you to think I wasn't going to comment. :)
You *know* Mom would have absolutely killed us if we'd done stuff like that when we were kids.
It's so much easier to let things go when it's not your kid, isn't it?
I do try to give my kids some room to run, though; too many of the wrong restrictions can choke them.
That said, I remember seeing a couple, just the other morning, who had *both* their kids leashed into the body harnesses. I can understand that in a large crowd, but... there was virtually no one else in sight, and there was nothing breakable in easy reach. It was outdoors, for heaven's sake.
I think *that* kind of thing is just a bit extreme, you know? They're kids, not your pet dogs. But hey, who am I to knock how someone wants to parent, if it's not patently abusive?
As for the body painting... there's a reason I've decided (many times) to ban crayons, markers, etc. from my house. It's not just their bodies that end up painted, and since I'm the one who ends up cleaning it up...yeah.
Post a Comment