My Two Favorite Temples.
Lately---well, more than lately, for months now the temple has been calling to me. I haven't gone since I was 8 months pregnant with Kade.....so, it's been about 6 months. I have been actually aching to go, but haven't had the freedom enough to get there. I haven't trained Kade to take a bottle very well, so he won't. And, so that limits my time away from him to 2-3 hours.(Drive to St. George + changing + the length of the whole session + the time I'd like to sit and pray afterwards + changing + the drive back to Cedar = not enough time.)It all makes going to a session pretty hard. I am going to Vegas soon and am bound and determined to go and at least do initiatory. (There the drive isn't an hour just to get to the temple, so it could be possible. I know I shouldn't even complain about an hour drive. Many have it far worse.) And, initiatory doesn't take as long as a session. Cross your fingers for me. I really want to get there.
I have a real testimony of temples. I love them and want to be there. I know how much better my life is when I get to one often. What a blessing they are. I can't say enough. For all you who can get there regularly, GO! And, soon enough I'll be there too. (Twice a month is my dream!)
3 comments:
My two favorite temples are St. George and Portland. I guess the ones where I've had big moments.
It's been since March since I've been. I'm about 3 - 4 hours away. But when I go, I usually spend the weekend with Brenda.
It's about time I schedule another trip.
I visited the Portland Temple, just the outside, 5 or 6 years ago. It is gorgious! I want to go in that one someday.
3-4 hours is a lot. I am sorry it's not that easy to get there for you either. It really would be nice if there could be a temple in every city.....that would be amazing.....one day!
Hopefully you will get to go while you are here. I wish we could meet up and see each other for a minute! Good luck getting to the temple!
Post a Comment