
My cousin Jake, who has been living with us for the last year, moved out this past week. He's now a cool college kid in his own apartment....instead of living with some old fogies like me and Joe. :)
Jake has been one of Ben's best buddies. Ben LOVED hangin' out with him. Ben would sit forever and watch Jake play Nintendo. He would run to Jake when he got home, give him huge hugs and would always say, "See ya later Jake." whenever Jake would leave for work or school.
When Jake finally left for the last time Ben said, "See ya later Jake." and I know he didn't get that Jake wouldn't be coming home, here, to stay again. I almost wanted to cry for Ben, 'cause he doesn't know that one of his best friends won't be around as often.
Granted, we'll visit Jake in town, and he'll be out to our place every now and then. So, it really is just "see ya later Jake." It was fun having you stay with us.
5 comments:
Aww SAD! Poor little Ben...he's gonna feel like he lost his friend. I bet it was nice for you though when Joe was gone so you wouldn't be alone.
I saw him a few years ago and he has changed a lot! Everyone grows up too fast.
ahhh Jakey's gone... hopefully you can still kinda keep up with him and check on him and all... I bet he'll come to visit Ben =).
Mindy- yeah, it was nice. But Joe might be taking a desk-type fire job and so he might be hope more this summer.
Britt- no kidding people grow fast. I use to babysit Jake! I vividly remember him at Ben and Kade's ages. Crazy!
Nat-we'll visit each other...he's just in town, so it won't be hard to check in.
Mindy-oops...."he might be home more this summer."
Post a Comment