I MADE IT!!!
In an earlier post I mentioned how badly I wanted to get to the temple, and I am very happy to say that, while I was in Vegas I was able to go!!! After getting the boys good and tired, fed and down for naps, I left for the temple and my mom watched the boys. I got to do a whole hour of initiatory!!! I was the only one there, and they were hoping someone would show up. So, it was totally meant to be. Heavenly Father really wanted me and needed me to be at the temple that day, and gave me a big window of opportunity to do service!
I got home and the boys were still sleeping. I had tons of time to spare. It felt great getting to the temple. I can't tell you how happy I am. Now, it's your turn people --we're needed! ;D
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I love inititory. I just can't spell it. I'm glad that you were able to go. I think that the Portland and the Las Vegas Temples share the same floor plan. I remember the windows in the Celestial Room. They are beautiful.
Josh has 2 more days of school left. Then I'll look at the price of gas and decide how far I'll be able to roam. But I plan on going to the temple at some point, or two, this summer.
I KNOW! I totally need to go especially since I live so close to the temple. I need to make a date with my husband and go. :) Thanks for the reminder!
you are so awesome holly! I love your amazing spirit!
way to go hoochie! i'm glad you got to go =). OH! And the mesa temple is closed from like July 28th to August 5th so unless you guys stay till that Tuesday we wont be able to go. I think you should! =)
Wendy- That would be so fun to take a temple trip- I hope you get to go!
Mindy- Date? What's a date with your husband? It has been so long since Joe and I have been on one without the boys, I've almost forgotten. I hope you get to go too.
Natster -Thanks!
Natalie- What about the phoenix one...is that too far. I just don't know if we'll stay....I'll check it out, 'cause I want to see another temple.
Yay glad you made it. We are probably going to try and make it when Libby is six months. I figure then she'll be able to go longer without food and we'll have saved some money back up. With gas prices we may need to rent a motorcycle to go!
That is awesome that you found the time to do that! What a great experience! Me and Kevin have been going a couple times a month for the last little while on average and it makes such a difference in your attitude and demeanor! Kudos to you!
Yay! Temple attendance! We're at the point where Charles is old enough that we can go together. Since Lucia's parents and youngest sister live close, we're hoping that we can start going a couple times a month.
We nearly went, this past Friday, but Charles has been teething, and by the time it was time to go, well, it just didn't happen.
Fortunately, I've had the chance to go alone, a few times. I'd rather go with Lucia, of course, but at least I get the chance. I've offered to watch the kids while she goes, so hopefully that'll help her get the opportunity.
Post a Comment